Thursday, April 14, 2011

Orange Julius anyone?


See that mustache!?!?! MMmmmm YUM! Homemade Orange Julius. He loves it!


6 oz. Frozen OJ concentrate

1 cup milk

1 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

8-9 ice cubes


mix it all up in the blender. I like more ice. Don't try it with regular already made OJ and then adding more ice....I just doesn't work. Trust me I know. I have heard that you can replace 1/2 of the regular sugar with powdered sugar and it makes it creamier. Haven't tried it. I like it better than the Orange Julius in the mall....or at least better than the last half a dozen times I have purchased it...they just make it too watery. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Julie said...

My boys don't like them. I have made them a couple of times and no go. Who doesn't like an Orange Julius?!

Dr. Oz said that you may have to introduce something up to 10 times before your kids will like it since their taste buds are so much stronger than adults. So we've got 7 or 8 more times to try it. THEY WILL LIKE THEM! :)

Ranisa said...

How strange Julie! My kids loved them. I should have taken pics of the other kids but they them off by the time I got to the camera.