Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weeknd

We have had a great and very busy weekend. Starting Friday night we somehow managed to go out with some friends. It was a milestone for us....the first time leaving all, yes ALL of the kids with teenagers for babysitting! I must say they did a great job. Then on Saturday I got to shop the sales for a good part of the day....loved it, and I was very good at keeping to my list. Sunday after church we headed up to Edgerton to see Aunt Dawn and Uncle Brian, and we were so happy to see that even more of the extended family made it out too. It great catching up with everyone. I managed, or Kris managed to catch just a few pictures. I am hoping that next time we have a family thing we remember to get more pictures of everyone instead of just us. BUT hey at least I remebered the camera this time. Then on Monday we went to a VERY yummy pancake breakfast at a park with everyone from Church. We even had Waffles with this homemade Strawberry Syurp....delisous.....I asked for the recipe....simple....blend fresh strawberries and sugar....lots of sugar. It was suggested that I use between 1 and 1 1/2 cups of sugar for a normal size thing of strawberries, grocery store size, not Costco size. It is worth it.... I could of just drank the entire bottle. Here are a few pics from Sunday at the campground.



Izzy was already asleep on the way to the campground.....and boy they all were tired on the way home.

Elaine and Drew playin together.


Great Grandma Shirly and Great Aunt Jo with Evan


Grandma and Evan

0 comments: