Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kris' about cried

This blog has been a long coming. Kris has had his TV since around the time he graduated from Collage. I don't think that he had at Purdue, but you get the picture 1998-ish. This TV was big. When we first got married I asked if we could get rid of the TV? I was laughed at. I just didn't like the way that it took up the entire focus of the room. There are so many other things that can be done in a Living Room why have the TV take up the whole room? Or at least that is how I felt, you get my point right? Kris' beloved TV has been beat so much since having kids. When we lived in MI the kids decided that it would be a good idea too spit (yes out of there mouths) chocolate milk all over it. The bottom of the TV has all of these little itty bitty holes in it....for sound or something. Yup you guessed it....I didn't realize what the kids were doing until it was too late and the milk dried in those oh-so-tiny holes. Have you ever tried to get dried chocolate milk out of holes the size of pinheads? It is not easy. One day I really did try. I sat down with a toothpick and scraped out as many I could.....about 300 of them....but there are thousands. So I left it. I think that it had paint on it too, from one of Drew's adventures. Basically the TV had been threw you know where.

It was either the 26th ot 27th of December Kris' beloved TV blew. Yup, made a load noise turned a few funny colors went black and stunk really bad. I didn't know a TV could smell like that. What do you do when your 53 inch TV blows in the same week as Christmas......you go get the other one out of the front room. Just kidding....well we really did that, but it was a hand-me-down that we used to just play the PlayStation on. Not a good picture at all. So we tried to fix the good big one. The beloved big one. No luck I guess some capacitor blew and we really looked hard and couldn't find another one. So then we started to look on Criagslist. Love Craigslist. If you are going to replace a big screen, you get another big screen and by the time you pay somewhere between $500-700 for a used TV why not just go and buy a new one so that you have a warranty. Yes I know, I really did want to get rid of it when we first got married....but I grew to love it and wanted another one. So we did some research and figured out what new TV we wanted. Then we ran into another problem. Our old TV was a standalone TV, no need for a TV stand. Now they don't make them like that anymore. So then we had to find something to put the TV in. AND of course I wanted something that matched the rest of the house. Why waste money buying something just for now. I wanted THE entertainment center. Then the trick was finding one the right size that we liked that held the TV that we wanted. BACK to Craigslist....no luck again! Everything that I liked only held small TV's. So we manged to find an entertainment center on sale. LOVE IT! Lucky it was on sale too.....So we have spent the last month researching and shopping for a TV and stand. Who knew that those two things could take up so much time! I don't think that I am going to know what to do with myself now. Well.....now I can clean the house. Here is a pic of our new find!


LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Holy cow! THAT is a huge entertainment center. No wonder it took two months to find the combo. Looks good!

Pam Brumble said...

We're doing research for a new tv ourselves. What brand did you get and size? We've had ours longer since we got married and it's only a 27" so I think we're due. I've been stubborn and didn't want to get a new one, but my family has worn me down.