Thursday, March 25, 2010

Master of Messes

Why is it as mothers we are always doing things that we don't like but it really ends up being a situation where it is the lesser of two evils? Here is a great example. I hate, and mean HATE those child safety locks for cabinets. I think that they are just a pain. When we moved into our house in Michigan the previous owner had them on every single thing that opened in the kitchen. I took them all off and told Elaine what drawer she could not touch, and she never did...yes she was the perfect baby. Drew came along and I had to reinstall all of them and then he broke them off by the time that he was 6 months. I don't recall how Izzy was about stuff. BUT Evan loves cereal. He always getting into the cabinet and taking a box of cereal out, pulling the bag out of the box, and then emptying the bag on the floor. He is the dogs best friend. Here is his latest cereal adventure. I am really tired of sweeping it all up...not to mention the expense of going through cereal so fast. The worst part in the itty bitty tiny crumbs that are left at the bottom of the bag. The broom doesn't get them all, and then the Swiffer only gets them if I see them and go over it. The worst is Life...those sugar crystals stick to everything......but mostly my socks. I am doing the happy dance. We now have a safety thing installed on that cabinet. I don't mind of they play with the pots and pans or the plastics. I can't wait to see how Evan is when he discovers he is no longer Master of the Cereal Mess.

4 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

I feel your pain. In our last house, Lorelai took an entire container of strawberry quick and dumped the whole thing on the floor. I had bought it the day before! Yikes. ya for child safety locks!

Billi Jo said...

too cute. He looks so very proud of himself. Enjoy them while they are young!

Ranisa said...

For a bit I switched to powdered laundry soap....I think you know why. The worst was the 18 eggs that Drew threw in the carpeted laundry room.

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Hee hee hee. Gotta love them, don't we? I have no idea what is in store for me...

He is SO adorable! You and Kris have the cutest kids!!!