Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Poop, Poop, Poop and more Poop

I have been wanting to blog about the delivery but I need to get all the things in the right time line before I do.....so much happened so fast. So instead I have a poop story....I remember all of these details! Evan was in the swing and started to squawk....yes he squawks and then when you pick him up he grunts. I squish his diaper and he needs to be changed. I take him over to the the pack n' play and change his diaper get all dressed again and I pick him up and have him in front of my face talking to him and lets it go! It came out with such force.....now let me tell you my dad tells a story of me missing the diaper but hitting the wall......it (the poop) did get in the diaper but it really, I kid you not, came out with such force that it bounce off the bottom of the diaper and went straight up his back. At this point I had to laugh. My fingers that were along his back got wet and that is when I knew that we had our first official blow-out. This was going to be fun. I get him upstairs where all the clothes are. I figure that would be important part of this process....to be by the clothes. I keep a towel on my bed so that when he nurses at night if anything dribbles I am not sleeping it, it lands on the towel. So I grab the towel and lay him down.....and another towel and lay it down beside the one that I have him on. Knowing that there will be poop on the towel that he is currently laying on.....I must have something clean for him lay on while getting him dressed......you know just in case. Elaine comes upstairs to bring me a pacifier in hopes of getting him calmed down. Do you know how hard it is to change a newborns diaper when they have their little legs kinked up and their feet are at just the right spot to land in the patty. Well, it isn't easy. With a pacifier in his mouth and Elaine holding his hands together we manged to get things taken care of. She really has this things with him and getting him calmed down. I get the onsie on and as I am snapping the bottom of it shut he goes again! YES again (yes that was 1 pee, 1 pooh downstairs, then another upstairs). So we unsnap the onsie, get another diaper change it, and before I have this new #3 change done........yes you guess it AGAIN! By this time Kris is out of the bathroom and suggested that I make sure that I wait until he is done this time. He is so smart!! As if I didn't think that he was done! So I let Kris take over so that I have time go and blog about all the poop before the baby has to eat again......and the entire cycle starts over. When done he had brought 3 poopy diapers downstairs to throw away. One thing that I am very grateful for.......there was no poohing happening when there wasn't a diaper on! YES!!! Know that is something to be excited about!

3 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Too funny. Yeah, I know all too well about those new babies who are in permanent position of "tuck", essentially. VERY hard to do anything with such stiffness. Imogen pooped on us soooooo many times, well I should say Eric sooooo many times. The only kid that almost always had a blowout w/o a diaper on. Tatumn always went up the back but Imogen was nice enough to do it without a diaper on. Fun times, I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

ew.

Baby Jane said...

hahaha sick! but he's sooo adorable, ranisa. :) he looks chunkier than most of your kids were when they were born, or at least pics i've seen of elaine and drew. not fatter but just..i dunno, not lanky-skinny. haha. all your kids are so beautiful. i love elaine's hair.