Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Drew and the glasses

I went up to the spare room for some reason over spring break....I found Drew's glasses on the floor missing a lens and all bent up. I asked him what happened and why they where on the floor in the spare room? He shows me as he is standing by his bed, that they fell off and the lens fell out so he tossed them in there. We had a big discussion about how if he breaks them he needs to tell mom or dad so that we can go and get them fixed. I was pretty mad and I kid you not I told the kids that they had find the missing lens or no one was getting dinner (or something like that). Later on Elaine came up to me and said "Mom don't remember I tried to give you a piece of glass awhile ago and you told me to put it in the trash?" OH YES, I do remember....and it was shaped oddly like one of the lens from his glasses. JUST GREAT! I told my own kid to throw it away??? I need to pay more attention. I guess I just let them run the show when I am sick... Kris had to go in and get an eye examine...so now they are fixed but the above pic was right before they headed out the door.

1 comments:

Tiffany J said...

That is totally something I would do! "I don't want a piece of broken glass...throw it in the trash!"