Thursday, August 7, 2008

I got a little chuckle

Yesterday Kris had his Chiropractor appointment, and asked me to wake him at 2 so that he time to get read and be there at 3:15. The office is about 30-45 minute drive from our house. I was having so much fun socializing with my cousins and we ordered pizza for lunch that came way late-1:50pm (now that is a late lunch) I completely lost track of time. I didn't remember to wake him up until 2:40! Poor guy....I go into the bedroom and wake him up-"It's 2:40 you have to get up...." He stares blankly at me at asks "How did that happen?" It sounded like he was asking how it was 2:40 as if it has never been that time in his life. I explained that I was a flake and forgot to wake him up.... He is quick to say that I am not a flake and asks me to call the office and let them know that he sleep in and was it okay that he still come in even if he was a little late? Sure I can call the office. Now here is what I found funny....I call the office and the receptionist answers the phone "Hi, this is Genia how can I help you today?" My response is "I am a bad wife." She laughs hardly and with a slightly flirty/curious tone in her voice asks "How bad are you?" I was so glad that she had a sense of humor about the entire thing and once I explained everything she said that he could just come in.....and no I did not use Kris as an excuse like he asked me to.


Michelle and Jackie (the cousins mentioned above) had come over to help me make me Baby Shower Invitation for a shower that another cousin and are giving in September. Okay-they really did all the hard stuff and even came up with the invite itself. I only picked out colors, the size and cut paper. BOY was I ever glad to have them here. Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!! Here is a pic of how they turned out. Aren't they cute? I really think so!

This is just another example how Izzy can sleep anywhere!
And now when the zoomed-out version of the pic you can tell that she crawled up and over my legs while I was laying curled up on the Love Seat resting and she curled up in the space behind my knees and feel asleep. This was after Kris and I came home from our get-a-way. It looks like the kids sure played hard.






3 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Ha, funny. Are you having a baby shower?

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

I am doing a collague frame of all the funny places and positions that Evan has fallen asleep! i think it'll be a riot!

The invites are cute and a nice size too! Well done team!

I hope Kris feels better after his appt. I see an orthapedic massage therapist and it has done wonders for me, I also have used a cervical chiropractor, (it's a TOTALLY different method, much gentler and it makes more sense to, e-mail me if you want to know more) and it's amazing what they can do! i am not much of a conventional chiro fan.!?

anyways!! hope that's not too contraversial (sp)

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

that is such a cute invite! I had a parent a couple years ago that sold stampin' up and she made the CUTEST stuff! I got blank cards for christmas and end of year. loved them! where do you guys come up with the ideas? the catalogs?