Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vacation and kids

Let's start with the good stuff....



Drew had his last baseball game, and the good part of this is that I remembered the camera!!! I love this pic. Can you tell that his sunglasses are upside down? I saw him put them on and figured that it was better for him just wear him like that then me to be mother yelling "fix your glasses!"

I came into the kitchen the other day and Izzy was doing dishes. I really do love that she wants to help, and I love the towels already on the floor for the clean up that I knew that I was going to have to do. She cries when I make her stop.

While on our weekend away, Kris and I stopped by a mall that wasn't too far from the hotel....and there was a Sports store that had all kinds of really great stuff in it. Of course Kris had to buy Bears jersey's for the kids. I about had a heart attack when I found out what a kids jersey cost!!! Highway robbery I'm telling you-no wonder they can afford to pay those players what they make! At least everything was on sale! We even got a a jersey onesie for the baby-and yes the baby will wear it along with everyone else when it comes time for games. Kris wanted me to get a jersey too....but I am still a "closet" bears fan and that would just be to much. Beside I really to want to stay part of the Wendtland family.

Now for the not so good, but still turned out okay stuff.....

Kris and I decided that we would take a long weekend before the baby came. Leave the kids with friends and take off. This was really our first time since we have had kids. We have taken a night away and stayed with friends in Ca before but this was different. We had been thinking of doing this for awhile and even had the weekend picked out, but with the house in MI selling and not really knowing how much money that would cost us at closing we put off actually making reservation anywhere. Then we couldn't decided weather to go to Lake Geneva or Chicago for a get-a-way. With the way that Kris has been feeling we decided to go in the quiet Lake direction. Of course while putting this off none of the places that we wanted to stay had any vacancies. BUT we found a really great Bed & Breakfast place up in Oconomoc, WI. It looked great. It was called the Inn at Pine Terrace . Check it out, I am sure that you will agree that it looks like a great place to stay. We reserved room 12....

We dropped the kids off at the Hobbs' and took off. Made a little stop on the way, but managed to get to the Inn about 3:30. Really neat looking place, historic and all that kind of stuff, even had a double Whirlpool tub. When reviewing the Inn on-line I noticed that had Pecan Stuffed French Toast for one of the speciality breakfast.....YUMMY!!!! I was sold on that. We got up to our room-on the third floor.....and it was so hot! Okay I know some reading this don't think 80* is hot, but I am pregnant and one of those way temperature sensitive people.....I get sick if I get overheated. I know I am a big wimp....but that is just how it is. So we are thinking "let's get the air going and see what happens". We stayed about an hour or so in the room and it was just not getting any cooler so we head out for dinner and the lady that checked us in asked me "How's the room?" "Boiling" was the only things I could come up with. I knew that we had to get out of the room or I was going to end up sick. So we head out for dinner and I am already not feeling the greatest because of the room temp. We eat at Olive Garden-the old stand by that Kris hates-actually I just really wanted bread sticks and Alfredo dipping sauce. Not the greatest dinner and then we head back to the Inn thinking that the air would have kicked in and it would cooler. By this point the Inn Keepers are back and say that the air is working. We head back up to the room and it is still 80*. To make a long story short we decided to to leave the Inn because it just was not cooling off-and head toward Chicago and stay in a regular hotel room (which is exactly what we didn't want to begin with!) We left about 7:30 and it was supposed to be about 1 1/2 to get to the new place...but I ended up so sick that it took over 3 hours. I had to keep stopping in order to get sick. I was still really sick on Friday and we didn't even get to really do anything. There was a mall just down the street so we did get out of the hotel room for a few hours but then it was back in bed for me. I felt so bad for getting sick and kind ruining our romantic get-a-way. BUT in the end we talked it over and decided that before we even went the purpose of our trip was just to relax and unwind, just be us together. We did relax.....so I guess we accomplished what we set out too, but it sure would have been nice to not feel like I was going to throw up if I got out of bed.


3 comments:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

oh, man. I'm sorry you got sick! I bet it was nice to get away, though.:)
cute jerseys!

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Okay, been there, done that more than several times in my life. Wait a minute! My whole life has been this way!!! And just think, some day you MIGHT look back and laugh at this experience. But until then, here's a term for this kind of torture: IRONY!

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Did I mention that the kids are looking utterly adorable? That little is Izzy is so very cute. You should find her an agent.