Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake Ripley and a surpise shower

A couple of months ago my cousin Michelle and I decided to have a "Family Reunion". We even made these really cute invitations.....(okay she made.....I wasn't feeling good). We are going to do this every year! I would post a picture of one of them but that would mean taking one and downloading it and that just sounds like too much effort for now. This past Saturday was the day of the Reunion at Lake Ripley......it is such a great area. It is a park like setting with trees all over the place and picnic tables, then there is a playground right on the beach area. The water right in front of the playground area is roped off for the little ones and it isn't a very steep grade at all. It is great! Everytime we go we talk about going back soon because it is so convient and such a great place. I once again forgot to bring the camera and so here are a few pics that relatives took of the kids and things.
I have no idea how Kris was able to convince Izzy to float over the pink tube floaty thing.....but it sure did turn out cute.
I just thought that this pic was funny AND since people have been asking for updated belly shots...here you go. I know that I am getting big when I can wear Kris' basketball shorts and fill them out!


Elaine must be building something in the sand here. I never did find out what it was.




The view looking up through the trees.

Izzy splashing through the water.


Izzy swimming-or at least she thinks that she is swimming.....in less than a foot of water.

Elaine and Kris talking.....it look like she was getting in trouble for something....or maybe she was cold....I don't know.

I don't have hardly any pics of Drew. I guess it must be because he is such a wild man it makes it difficult to get one of him.


My family totally surprised me and threw a Baby Shower for me when we were here. I had no idea. Not even a clue. AND here I thought that I wasn't a person easy to pull a surprise on. I think that it was Michelle and Jackie that planned it all.....they were late getting to the lake and brought a cake with them. A REALLY REALLY cute cake. I saw the cake and didn't think much of it-other than that it was really cute. Then there were all of the presents set around the cake...and I still didn't get it. The presents were even baby boy themed.....still no clue. My little cousin had a birthday on Monday so I thought that it was for her so I even asked "How come no one told me about the Birthday party I would have gotten a gift? Now I feel bad." The rest of the conversation went...............


"That isn't a birthday cake."


me: "It's not?" Totally not getting it.


"Did you see what was on the cake?"


Me: "Yeah, puppy dogs, snails, and frogs....." THEN I got it. I was really surpised.


Here are a few pics of the cake. I think was Michelle and Jackie's first time with Fondent frosting....I love it. I think they did such a great job. I really didn't make it easy for them to plan this either. During the week before I kept coming up things to do with them. They were so good about, I don't think they got much sleep.....they spend quite a bit of time with me and then did all the baby shower stuff when they should have been sleeping....THANKS GUYS!!! I really loved it all!


Can you believe it....those dogs are made of frosting?

I know that you can't tell from the pic but on the back side of the cake there are flies, and the frogs closet to them are catching flies!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

how fun!!! i love surprise parties! And that cake is to die for! Well done!! And ranisa, you are hardly that huge. Those can't possibly be current shorts of Kris', maybe they are from highschool or somehting, cause you still just a small woman!

Ranisa said...

The shorts really do fit Kris now! Well at least the fit him around, they just look a little short. So sad.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that cake is just beautiful!

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

I love it! That cake is AMAZING!!! People really make that sort of thing?! Out of their homes?! For real???!! Wow, talk about motivation. I guess some people are overachievers. :)

I love the pictures, you're not huge, and you're cluelessness was hilarious. I would've done the same thing. I have many moments like that. Trust me, you're not alone.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

yay, a shower! did you get good stuff?
I'm way impressed with their cake decorating, btw.:)