Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sweet, Sour and in-between

Sweet: I wish I could say it like Kris does just so that you could all hear it....Today was great!!!! Or at least here is my sweet.... I got talk to Tyler for over an hour-which I have never done. He gave me a warm fuzzy too. In all the years that I have known him I don't think that we have ever talked that long. He called just a few minutes before I was going to head out the door for a Missionary BBQ thing....I so didn't care if I was late....as long as it was for Tyler. And for a quick up date he has not gone to Germany for surgery and he is waiting until he gets to back to base after his vacation home with family to have the surgery.

Sour: We had some sad news too, Judy (my mom-in-law) had a mild heart-attack today, but she is doing well. We are headed down to see her in the morning. I got the message from Phil when I got home from the BBQ-like normal it took me almost an hour after getting home to even check the machine....I think that I will make it more of a habit to check it right when I get home. I worry about it, she is just the type of person that says "I'm fine, really I am". I will post more after seeing her.

In-between-I am having weird feelings about being 30 in 12 days (really I am not counting the days-I had to look at the calender). Not that I have ever had a hard time with THE BIG 30, but I remember my mom being 30 and not that I thought that she was old but I don't feel as grown up as I thought that she was at this age, or maybe it is that I still don't want to grow up in an odd way. 30 is like really being an official adult. Does that make sense? The 20's are fun-what are 30's? I guess I will soon find out.

The kids, I have to mention them of course...since has been awhile since the last post....they are doing great. Elaine lost another tooth. The has lost the four bottom ones and none on the top yet but one of those is loose. Drew is still just a happy boy.... and Izzy is is amazing me more and more with how she is growing-growing up both in a physical and mental way. I should elaborate on them more, but I am way tired and a good book is calling my name.....I really have to retire for the night so that I can do more laundry in the morning before leaving for Indiana.

2 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Just a well-wisher here. I hope Judy is okay and will recover quickly. Have a safe trip and keep me posted.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

so sorry to hear about Kris' mom. I hope she really is 'fine' glad to hear you're alive too1 long brak on the blog.

Oh and Kent turns 30 in Jan and is totally freaking out! He hates it and its just not happy .He even lies about his age! funny!