Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a GREAT Sunday!!!


Heads up this is going to be a very random blog. Today has been great! The weather is finally starting to get warm (80*-ish), the sky is blue and it has those perfect white puffy clouds in it-you know the kind that kids always draw if they draw clouds? The Sunday lessons were good ones. AND Elaine gets to give a talk next week in Primary. Something about how the Temple has been a blessing in her family life. She has even planned to bring in some pics of us when we went to the Temple with her. Even though Drew was sick last night and still today the entire weekend has been pretty good. I am bummed about him being sick I am really hoping that he doesn't have to miss the last two days of school. Kris normally stays up all night on Saturday night to get himself back on the night schedule-so Drew got to stay up with dad, which I loved-I got a full night of sleep. We got some of the basement organized yesterday. When I went grocery shopping Kris and the kids managed to get all the boxes of books placed on the bookcase. From what I understand the kids weren't really that much of a help. Having 10 less boxes in the basement is at least a start. It is starting to feel like we might actually be really moved in here soon. Even though we have been here for 18 months the house still looks the same as is it did when this picture was taken.....no addition to the landscaping...maybe when the house in MI sells. Last weekend we got the cradle and changing table upstairs to our room. I know that it might seem a little soon for that kind of stuff, but I love having everything ready. So my project for next weekend is to go through all the bins downstairs and dig out the appropriate clothes for the new baby.....we find out Thursday what we are having. I am one of those people that has to know. When I was pregnant with Drew the doc wouldn't give me another ultrasound (I had one at 12 weeks) so I flew to CA and had one there with someone who I knew. I just have to know, then I will be able to start talking about names-and that I am excited about too.
So enough of my random thoughts....here is another favorite recipe.....well at least it is one of Kris's. It is one of those guys recipes.
Oatmeal Cookie Bars
350* 25-30 minutes
3 cups Quick-cooking rolled oats
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour
4 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ teaspoon salt (I always skip this)
1-14 oz. Can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
2 cups of brown sugar
½ cup chopped nuts
Beat 1 cup of softened butter for 30 seconds, add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients gradually. Heat together sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter over low heat, stirring till smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and the remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Put 2/3 oat mixture in the bottom of 9x13 (or slightly larger) ungreased pan. Spread chocolate mixture over dough. Dot with remaining dough-flatten it with your hands first. Bake in preheated oven.

3 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Sorry Drew's sick! I hope he feels better too. Speaking from experience, Tatumn was sick the last day of school on Friday and Tatumn is NEVER sick enough to come home from school. I have NEVER picked her up from school sick, but sure enough, on Friday before lunchtime I got the call that she was running a fever of 102.3 (turns out she had strep). She was so bummed not to be able to say goodbye to her friends before she left for her seven weeks with her dad (she left today). So yeah, I hope Drew feels better. Tatumn was feeling much, much better today. :(

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

I can't wait to try these bars! yum!:)

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

cute house! i know the feeling of less boxes needed. i can't wait to feel like we are completely settled.