Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tyler to Germany, sick kids, and Enrichment.

I was happy when Drew was able to make it to his last day of school. We could only find 2 right flip flops for Izzy to wear. I have no idea how this happened we are good about keeping the shoes by the front door-sometimes they make it into the closet! It was a funny site. I dropped Izzy off at a sitter and then went to his "End of the Year" Party. It was crazy in a slightly fun way, but at least I know that he really enjoyed it. Afterwards I picked up Izzy and went to make a phone call on my cell only to discover that the battery had died. As soon as I got it plugged in and on there was a voicemail from the school nurse and Elaine had been in the nurses office for over an hour with a high fever-poor thing, 102.7. I canceled lunch plans and then went to pick her up. Not thinking much about her having a fever-as soon as we were pulling out of the parking space she complaining-"Mommy please slow down." Then I knew that it just wasn't a fever-we needed the bucket. She slept a good part of yesterday. When she calls for us I can't hear her. I need to run out and get a new baby monitor just for the sick kids-I thought that I would be able to wait until it was closer to have the new baby to need another one of those. I am really hoping that the fever that Izzy had last week was her spout of whatever this is. AND I can not get sick until Thursday after 8! Ah, wouldn't it be nice if we could actually plan when it was convenient for us to get sick. It always happens to me when Kris is out of town on business.

On to a good thing-Tyler is either on is way or in Germany to have surgery on his thumb. I am very excited about this, Germany is so much safer than Iraq, and a hospital bed is much better than jumping out of airplanes into odd places. I am curious to know where he will be going when he is ready to leave the hospital-does he get to come stateside or back to Iraq to come home with the rest of his group? Either way I know that stateside will be soon and safe.

We also had Enrichment night last night. It was a really good evening. I sliced up my hand pretty good making a fruit tray. I even had a little thought before hand that I was going to cut my hand, but I of course realized that I do know how to handle a knife-too bad that Kiwi had such tuff skin! So Enrichment was about Emergency preparedness, and we got lots of handouts and made these burner things. I haven't ever really known much about this kind of thing but I am sure glad that I am getting things ready. I am looking forward to having our 72 hours kits ready. The things they had for examples were great-lost of stuff that I would have never thought of. Living in Illinois we have tornado warnings occasionally. I really liked how they had things set up Michigan-they gave one siren for your warning to go to take cover and then another for the all clear. Here they just give one. I take the phone and call the fire department to see if its all clear after awhile. The kids of course think hiding in the basement is great fun.

I am board today-so of course I have rambled on and on about things that most of you don't care about, but know that enjoyed my time.

1 comments:

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

nothing dull about living around your place I guess!