Tuesday, September 23, 2008

25 days!

It is 25 days until my official due date, however with the doctor being willing to induce early it is really only 16 or 17 days. SO HAPPY! Yes I am counting....in a BIG way. I am officially off of the modified bed rest, but when I asked about it at my last appointment I was told that I should be the judge of it. EW....so now I over do it and complain about it....but I am able to do thing, which I am happy about. I was beginning to feel like a slacker-mom, which is a surprise because I really do tend to be a lazy prego. I really never want to be pregnant again. I have never had pain like this, not with any other pregnancies or really at any point in my life. My fingers and toes look like sausages when I wake....people want pics, but I don't know....I think about it. My nose isn't fat yet, and it was last time.

It feels so weird for me not to have a name picked out....I have never done this. I always pick a name early on and refer to the baby as that name instead of "the baby". Evan really is my second choice right now, but Kris doesn't like my first choice.....I might still have a chance and getting the first choice, but I want it to be a surprise.

Things have been crazy here.....it is going to get cold soon and it always seems to sneak up on us on a Sunday morning and the girls end up wearing winter dresses that are too small with tights and sandals.... it really is a always quite funny. We manged to get out on Saturday and buy a couple more things for the kids and winter. I am sure that I will be cold, but at least they will be warm.

Elaine lost her second tooth on the top and now the is completely missing both of her front top teeth. I think the new ones might start to grow in before Christmas......and yes she is already practicing the song "All I want for Christmas...". I'll post a pic as soon as I take one.
I had some of the best dinners from the Relief Society over the past two weeks. With Kris back in school again and things the RS president arranged to have dinner brought in every other night. I have been in some wards were dinner were good, and another where it your really hoped that they just forgot that you had a baby or even needed dinner, I know that sounds terribly ungrateful of me, but here I can speak my mind. The meals that were brought over from this ward are always GREAT!!! We have amazing cooks here. There wasn't one meal where I didn't feel like I had to have the recipe and eat it again within the next week. Here is the recipe for Candied Chicken....the last meal that was brought. AMAZING! We got the chicken, a great potato dish, Green beans, rolls, homemade strawberry jam, and these really good bars for dessert....tasted just like a Reese's Peanut butter Cup. Every meal was like this....great and a ton of food, with homemade stuff. And just think I am sure that people will insist on bring some stuff after the baby is born....I am hopping to not have too many at that time. Mom will be here and Kris will be off from work and I feel like I have already been helped so much.

CANDIED CHICKEN
Flour and brown chicken parts and put in a baking dish (she used legs)
Cover with sauce.
1 1/2 Cup brown Sugar
1/4 Cup mustard
1/2 Cup ketchup
1 Tbl Worchershire sauce
1/4 cup onion
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
Bake at 350* for 1 1/2 hours.

3 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Are you still considering the name that is the first name of a portrait company that may or may not still exist? Men have a way of changing their minds once the baby is born. Eric and I discussed names while we were in California this weekend. I am so excited about a new name we like that can also be an either/or-unisex name. I'm all about that. Our old name doesn't feel as special anymore.... But wait! I'm not even expecting yet! Bummer....

But I'm happy for you!!!!
How exciting, can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO exited!!!! I can't wait, and I hope for pictures as soon as you are up to it!!!

I adore baby pictures, and I am so glad you are off the total bed rest. Don't let yourself overdo it though. Somehow.

Terra

PS/ We are all entitled to a little slacker mom sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Not a snowball's chance in you know where that you are getting your first choice!

Love, you know who ;-)