Friday, September 5, 2008

Bed rest.....well modified bedrest

I went to the OB today totally expecting to be somewhat dilated with all the issues that I have had this week....nope. Which I am really happy about. The doctor keep telling me that he wanted me to rest more.....I don't think that he understands that I am the laziest pregnant lady that anyone will ever meet. He left the room to check out something under a microscope and when he was gone I asked Kris if he got the impression that I was being put on bed rest. He didn't know so he suggested that I ask the doc when he came back in the room. When he came back in and I asked his response was "Basically-you need to rest up more". So I asked what my limitations were......I was worried that he was going to give the run down about only showering and using the bathroom stuff. Luckily it isn't complete bed rest just once I start to have a contraction or when I start feeling pain I need to go and rest up. I have a contraction every time I stand up! Good thing it is only going to have to be until I hit 36 weeks which is in 2 weeks.
I am throwing a baby shower next Saturday (along with another cousin of mine) at my house for a cousin who is due a month after me....this will be fun. I am very grateful for my family who has already said that they will help out. Kris of course is so looking forward to cleaning for and do the shopping for the shower. Good thing I am keeping it simple!
Another thank you.....my cousin Michelle lives 13 miles north-ish of me and I called her as soon as I got home from the docs to tell her about things.....and to see if she could come help out with the kids, lunch, and the typical household stuff. She is coming down during the week once her kids are off to school. She will leave just before Kris normally wakes up for the day. This does add a lot on her, but I can't tell you how great this is! Not only do I have physical help with things I will really enjoy the company and time spent with her. THANK YOU THANK YOU Michelle!!! I also called our Relief Society President from church to fill her in and see if she find a back up for me when it is my time to teach this month. I am not scheduled until the 21st which is the 36 week mark.....I really want to teach and plan the lesson and stuff.....and long as I am not having contractions when I stand up. She is also organizing dinners for every other night......I love it. Kris will take care of things on the opposing nights....he just started back to school this week so all of this extra help comes on the perfect week.

5 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Goodness! Well....you're almost there, at least. Thank goodness for all the help!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

man! I didn't know you were having contractions and stuff! is that normal--do you always start so early?
I know lots of people who do...it's crazy. I do hope for an early birth...but maybe not that early.:) I'll keep you in my prayers! rest up!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

p.s. the see's candy I like is mostly almonds with a chocolate bottom, I think, and caramel? it's divine. oh man! now I'm remembering I want it.:)

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

sounds like the troops are gathering! I amso glad to hear that you have so much help, and I guess that you will also probably be early!!!

Wish i was there to lend a hand and let you know we care... so just imagine me cleaning your house and brining meals! LOL that's the easiest service I ever did!

Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how much I appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I am not sure where I would be without all the support that has been shown...

Also were are my belly pictures? (LOL, that happens to be one of my favorite parts of your blog) :)