Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun Weekend (for me at least)

For a long time I have been wanting to organize all the bin of clothes in the basement. I used to keep it up....but some reason I got lazy and I have been tossing all the boy and girls clothes together when the kids grow out of them. I should have known better. Kris set up the table and got a bin for me and of course it was little girl clothes......I love little girl clothes. Girls really just are funner to dress. AND I have figured out that I do want another girl, I don't want to be pregnant again.....don't get me wrong I am happy that I am having a boy....I wanted it this way....to even things out.....but there is just something about little girls. Kris says that this is it, we are done having kids....or at least we are done with pregnancies. So while looking at all of these little girl clothes I was getting emotional not because I know that I am not going to give birth to another girl but I because my plan was to get rid off the girl clothes and after seeing them I just wasn't ready to part with them, when I got out each outfit my mind would flood with these memories of the girls and events that happened with each outfit that I held. I know I know, I am so sappy right now. I have even given a friend a hard time about the same thing-really they are just clothes! I couldn't do it, on Kris' suggestion I stuck all the girls clothes back in the bin and just did the boy clothes that the baby would fit into soon. Good idea.

Got all that done and when I was in the shower I got to thinking.....Thursday night most of Kris' family that live in AZ flew in. Aunt Elaine and Uncle Ken (8 years since we have seen them) daughter Emily who we last saw at our wedding, Uncle Bob (I have never seen him and it has been 16 years for Kris). Plans kept getting changed and it didn't look like we were going to be able to drive down and see them. Isn't that sad, I feel awful when I pregnant that I just didn't think that I could handle the drive down to Indiana where they were staying. BUT we just had to go and see them. I didn't want 8 more years to go by without seeing Aunt Elaine and having Elaine get to see her. Plus the kids and I had to meet Uncle Bob. So we planned the trip.

Then I went out to lunch with my cousin Michelle and had an interesting time shopping for some still needed baby items. I am so flaky....I couldn't even concentrate on shopping....that is unusual! I got a new baby monitor....the cat broke the last one that I had. When I got home (total blonde moment again!-this one lasted all weekend). I realized that the monitor has a night light on it. I don't like to sleep with a light on, and the baby will be sleeping in our room. I have even gone to and looked at other stores for different monitors...they all have night lights or are extremely expensive. This morning I was telling my cousin about my delma, and realized that if I am in the room with the baby I don't have to have the monitor on and so the light will not be on to bother me.....and yes it took me 3 days to figure this out!

We left on Sunday morning met up with everyone lunch, which was so great. Being down in Indiana we had to go to the Frogs Tongue. For those of you who don't know-there is a hotel in Portage that has a waiting pool with a frog in it that is actually a really cute little slide that the kids love. When ever we go down there we have to go and let the kids enjoy some Frog Tongue time.


On the way home we stopped in Algonquin to eat lunch at a Mexican Restaurant.....yes the only good one out here is an hour away. There is a See's candy shop not too far from the restaurant so of course we had to stop and get some chocolate. At first we were all going to go in and pick a few pieces but Kris was really tired so I ended up just going in and leaving everyone else in the van. Elaine still wanted to go in and she was trying to convince Kris that at least all the girls should go in.....Elaine says: "Why can't Izzy, Mommy, and me all go in and pick some chocolate?" Kris responds with "What would I be if I let 3 girls who love chocolate into a chocolate store with a credit card?" Elaine says: "A good father". We were laughing so hard....

Onto why this weekend wasn't fun for some. Emily (AZ cousin) had a horrible migraine while out here and had to be taken the ER....I think she is doing better now. When we were eating I got a call from a cousin, my Aunt Jean Ann ended up in the ER with chest pain and had an EKG and the results were not normal so they admitted her to the hospital. Then Kris and I have a friend who is going through a really ruff time. Her teenage daughter, Heaven, is sick and the docs are still trying to get the bottom things. So-please add all of the people onto your prayers!

3 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Ah kids, they say the darndest things. Glad you were able to make it to see the extended family. Traveling when you're preggers is NOT a good time, is it? Going through old baby items is torture. I can't believe you're almost there with this forth one. Time flies, well at least it seems that way from here, maybe not for you. Hopefully the family and friends will be okay.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

It'll be awhile before I let any outfits go!! It's really true though. They have so many memories. And I am not even pregnant to have an excuse for the sappiness! I just am when it comes to those.

Sounds like an eventful weekend none the less. Hope everyone is doing better.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

I have been craving see's candy! I try to do the mind over body thing, ya know? I think I'm gonna have to get some soon. I only like one kind. it's at least a half hour away, though...