Friday, September 26, 2008

I got to sleep in!

My morning started off great! I mean GREAT! One little thing made all the difference....my alarm didn't go off. Yes, this is a good thing, it felt like a Saturday. It wasn't supposed to go off. I know that normally when some says that there alarm didn't go off on a weekday it really isn't a good thing.........but rest assured this was a great thing....until......Elaine came up stairs and said something on the lines of what they made for breakfast. Not good! She explained some of it, and I got very worried. Anytime the kids make there own breakfast I get worried. I have often wondered.....how do other moms do this.....do they really get up before the kids and take a shower, do the hair and make-up and get all Joan Cleaver?!? I see other house....I wonder? Is this my laziness, or do I have monster children.....or politically correct very inventive children? They just love finding ways to give me more things to do. Must be their job....they are trained in the premortal existence that the only thing that can take from this life when they leave is their knowledge......they are to learn in every way possible. I really only know one person that gets up and does the entire morning routine before getting her kids up. She gets up at 5:30-sorry not for me. I think my kids are up by then anyhow. We really don't know what time they get up....they are up before us and that is all we know. I don't see it being even remotely possible for me to get up before them. Really what do you other moms do?!? So back to my morning..... I head downstairs.....now you have to understand how my house is set up....when you go down the stairs you end up near the front door....and we eat in the back of the house.....I just had to stop and get the camera before heading back to the eating area. This is what I found.


It really doesn't look so bad.....There are a total of three plates. The one at the bottom of the picture is cut off. My main concern was the one in the middle. Can you tell what it is full off? It looks like chocolate milk at first. Elaine did try to clean up the mess for me (so sweet)......but these are paper plates, Dixie....yes when they get wet the get soggy. So when she did try to pick it up some of the stuff on the plate feel to the floor. I see it now...you are trying to imagine the splat of chocolate milk on the floor.........it wasn't chocolate milk. See the sugar shakers in the picture. One had powdered sugar and the other had a mixture of Cinnamon and sugar. That is what made the plate mixture look like it was chocolate. I also noticed my beyond yummy homemade strawberry jam that was brought over as part of one the the dinners last week. The container of my wonderful jam is sitting almost empty on the table as well. Notice the whisk on the plate? I ask Elaine where all the jam went .........

She pointed to the plate.........


AH!!!! MY JAM!!! You have to understand I loved this jam.....

Well at least they tried to be semi-healthy with breakfast.....adding some peanut butter. I think the Nilla Waffers must have been all gone....I didn't find any of them on any of the plates....or maybe they were just using them as dunkers.....EW......just the thought makes my stomach turn. The bread on the table was soggy too......I couldn't even pick it up......

I am almost glad that they didn't start to clean things up....the norm in the house is to run to the laundry room and grab a towel to clean up the mess....most of the towels in this house are white. They are starting to get brown stains on them.....too many chocolate milk spills. I keep yelling "NOT A WHITE TOWEL! Get a brown one!"

You might be wondering if not having the alarm go off was worth it........YES.....every little bit of it was great. AND the mess really wasn't that hard to clean up. I will have to mop later, but only do that after the kids are in bed. I have learned not to carry paper plates full of milk to the sink.....just bring something to dump it in to the table and have towel already laid out.



3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

So, I don't get up and "get ready" before my kids are awake but man! I think I would at least "sleep" on the couch if this is what my kids did in the mornings. On the other hand, if I could actually sleep through it in my bed I might be temped there too.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I totally cheat on both of these things. 1st the mess. Kids have this creative "need" to mix stuff up. So we have this spot outside in the back for just that. They can mix mud, and grass, and whatever all they want in their little spot. For the second one, I don't get up before my kids anymore (but they are old enough they don't do that anymore). I used to get up earlier than them. Not at any 5 am though. I cut naps out, and totally kept them up until 8:30 so they would sleep in with me... Do you think I cheated? LOL, most likely...

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

wow. that sounds like a mess! I value my sleep too, though. and I have NO idea how moms do it in the mornings...man. I'll have to learn.:) here's hoping for kids that love to sleep longer than me?