Saturday, September 13, 2008

The past week

I love it when kids turn about 3-4 years old and they start to get witty or start saying the cutest things and just the perfect time. Tyler is here visiting, and Izzy doesn't really know him. She is shy until she gets to know someone. They were standing near each other behind the love seat and he picked her up swirled her behind him and dropped her on the love seat.....she was not happy about this. Later she made sure to tell me that "Uncle Tyer (yes she says it with the "l") is SO RUDE!". I laughed....I didn't even know that she knew the meaning of rude.


Even though Drew is having a great time in Kindergarten I think that he still has to work on his listening. Each day they get three smarties if they didn't get a warning and only 1 if the did. They also have the vine with bananas hanging from it on the wall. Each of the bananas has a name of one the students on it. If you are so bad that your bananas gets moved off the vine.....you know your in big time trouble. Drew hasn't had is banana moved yet. BUT quite a few days he has come home from school and says he only got one smarty because he didn't listen. I am beginning to think that he know he can misbehave once and still get buy with things. At the end of the week if has not had his banana moved from the vine he gets an entire roll of Smarties for making smart choices! Oh the things that teachers come up with....I don't think that I could ever be that creative.



Both of Elaine's top two front teeth were loose, until last Sunday. She loosed one up and it was grossing me out. I have never been grossed out by loose teeth but she could push it completely forward and hold it at a horizontal angle between her lips. I told her she had to pull it out before dinner of she wasn't allowed to come in the room. I know....I am such a mean mom. We have been teasing her that she might be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" soon, but I am beginning to think that it will at least part of the way grown in by the time Christmas rolls around. It makes it officail to me.....she is so big. Kris thinks she looks like a hockey player and I think the missing tooth is perfect for a witch!

My kids are gross......I was making mini muffins for a baby shower today and I went to pour the milk into the measuring cup over the bowl with the mix and egg already in it.....chunks started to fall out of the carton. I couldn't figure it out. I can't stomach spoiled milk but these chunks were different. It was hard to tell what they were when they were falling from the carton into the measuring cup.....so I dumped the cup out into the sink and when the milk rolled off and down the drain we had cereal in the sink! I am guessing that Drew and Izzy thought that it would be funny to put cereal into the milk instead of milk into the cereal. WEIRD!!!

1 comments:

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

it's always amazing to see how there little minds work! Vienna is our little queen of that sort of thing.