Sunday, September 28, 2008

Teeth

I know everyone wants to see a pic of her entire face....but the camera died. This morning as Kris and I were waking up to get ready for church we heard Izzy start to cry.....a LOUD cry. So he rushed down stairs to get her..... Elaine come up with her as blood is dripping from her mouth and explains that Izzy tripped over the swiffer in the kitchen. At first I thought that it was just the two holes on the inside of her mouth....nope straight through the top of her bottom lip and down and out just under her lip on the outside.....or at least that is what we think happened. Her two top teeth were bleeding but looked fine at first. We gave her Tylenol and had ice on it. Awhile later I noticed that her upper gums are swollen, purple and both teeth are loose. We have had a similar experience with Drew and he ended up being fine....his accidents were a couple weeks apart ...but not this bad and both of his teeth turned a nasty gray color and then over time have lightened up. Poor thing....she can't eat. I made Spaghetti for dinner with garlic bread....she is willing to eat the bread after I break it up into little pieces for her put into the back of her mouth. She did eat her lunch-a peanut butter sandwich which I cut into itty-bitty pieces. Anyone have (or know of someone who did) a similar tooth experience???? I want to know what you did. I do plan on calling the dentist in the morning. I hear that it takes a little bit for the root of the tooth to die, so I am not sure if they will want her to come for X-rays right away to wait a few days.....Poor thing....


I did say that I would post a picture of toothless Elaine too. At least Elaine is the appropriate age to be loosing teeth. I really really hope that Izzy doesn't loose hers.



2 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Oh my goodness, Ranisa! I feel soooo bad for her and you too, of course! But I will say she's the cutest little hurt thing I've EVER seen!

Um..yeah, I knocked my two front teeth out when I was five so that wasn't too early and I could pull it off as just losing them. I ran into a pole while riding my bike and out they went! Interestingly enough, my adult front teeth are no longer with me either because of your husband. I have fake ones now. Seriously, he's the reason I have two fake teeth in the front. I think he's cursed and it's spilling over onto your children!!!

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Cursed in the department of front teeth, that is. Just thought I would elaborate on the type of curse. :)