Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas getting to know you thing.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends (and family).
Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper all the way! It just has to be...with the kids most of the fun of being the parent is watching them tear open the present and you just can't do that with bags. I used to love wrapping presents and I think I am getting over it, but I do really want to get into it again this year....after all it is a part of Christmas...why not enjoy it....or at least pretend to?


2. Real tree or Artificial? Funny story....when we got married I had Kris promise to always buy a real tree, there is just something special about trooping through the snow and cutting it down .....but the first two years we were in Michigan we did that and then you have to drag it back to the paying place and it gets all muddy...then you have find a way to get the muddy tree home and then wash it off, and then get it in the house...and soon it starts to sheed needles....really sharp needles that stay in the carpet and you still find them a year later. So we ended up buying an artificial one....love it-it is pretty but we do need to upgrade to a pre-lit one but they are so expensive and I just have trouble spending that much money on something this time of year....I would so rather spend it on gifts and fun stuff.

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally we do it the night of Thanksgiving....it didn't work out this year....and it is still not up! Sore spot here.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually pretty soon after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? I don't normally remember to get it, but when I do I always ask why we don't get it more often because I do really like it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think it was a Strawberry shortcake doll that blew strawberry scented kisses.....we still have it and I believe it sits in the stuffed animal bin just waiting to give smooches.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Mother-in-law for sure.

8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course…a couple of them.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them…would you believe that I am not making them this year....it feels so weird....hopefully I will get around to taking the picture and sending them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't recall, must not have really been that bad.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Christmas movies...I really don't know which one is my favorite....I am hoping to watch all the really old ones this year. AND see that new on with Reese Witherspoon.

13. When do you start shopping? Last year was the first year that I went out on Black Friday and LOVED it!!!! I went again this year but didn't get everything done....

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't believe so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham.....Christmas candy, and fudge.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, does anyone have a tree without lights?

17. Favorite Christmas song?I love all Christmas music.....I mean LOVE IT!!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home always.....kids need to have Christmas at their house! Plus we have the tradition to have the missionaries over from church and I call their moms in advanced and plan part of their family traditions into our day....gifts, traditions, and a favorite food item.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, I used to have an angle then I found out what the star represented so I have a star now-well actually it broke so we are in the process of finding a new on that matches the Disney theme.....Disney takes so long to ship I am afraid that we wont have it if we order it from them.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve, jammies, so my kids look nice for pictures. The rest on Christmas morning!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? hum...I am so in love with this time of year that I think that only that really gets to me is the stores not having what I want to get....and I am not talking about Christmas shopping....I enjoy that....that would just mean that I would have to go to another store....but grocery shopping....hate going to another grocery store for one item!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Disney

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A blender, but since I know that Kris will not get it....another mistake I made early on in our marriage...no gifts that plug in...but since I am a at-home person now....I could really use them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always fun to hear someone so exited about the holidays... :)

yours truly said...

well, what type of videos do you want to post?

Anonymous said...

http://www.terrasears.com/?p=558

You are nominated for a butterfly award...