Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Elaine's New Glasses







Elaine has been waiting a long time to get her glasses, well, at least since sometime in Oct. When Drew had his eyes examinted we got his glasses that same day. Picking glasses out for Elaine was much more difficult. We both thought that something a little funky would fit the best with her personality. WE COULD NOT FIND THEM!!! A friend from Canada has a little petit thing just like Elaine and found great glasses for her. Those specific ones are no longer made, but the company that makes them has some really cute ones. When we first started looking we were going to have to drive down to Chicago to get glasses (cute funky ones), but then I got to thinking about the normal adjusting and things....I am not going down to Chicago every time she has problem with them. Then we found these at Lenscrafters and I didn't like there warrenty. We have to pay 50% of all repairs or replacements. Which STINKS! After a couple months of search the company that makes the really cute glasses now has a retailer in Janesville.....we were excited and went up there today....but no luck. There was none in the store. So we just went back to Lenscrafters and got these. I think they fit her well. AND she loves them because they are Barbie glasses!


5 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Love them! I was so going to get in touch with you this past week to tell you to check out the Tommy Hilfiger line for kids because Eric ordered his new pair this past week and I happened to be looking but it looks like you made a great choice. Tommy had similar pairs in different, unique colors.

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Oh! They are a cute fit Ranisa! You did well. Lens crafters no less, that's hard to do. Glad you found an alternative!

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Sorry Ranisa, That last comment was mine. i just didn't realize that I was logged into my sis in laws account. Oops!

Anonymous said...

I still remember the day I got my first pair of glasses and put them on - I was 10 years old and it was a true miracle. The moment I put them on, and opened my eyes and looked around ... I ran outside and just stared at all the trees and grass - they were so green, rich and full of life - I hadn't seen anything like it ... then about 20 minutes later, I got a pounding headache from all the new-found-input. Elaine is definitely stylin'!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

I LOVE her glasses! they're like, the pair I've been searching for.:) btw, elaine looks SO much like you in these pictures!