Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kids are getting big!

The week that we came home from the hospital Evan started rolling over. I had come out of the bathroom and went to walk past the bed and decided to lay him on his tummy for some tummy time. As soon as I did he flip himself right over. I don't think that he realizes what he doing. There are times that I know he wants to roll and can't quite seem to figure it out. At night he was rolling from his back to his side, and with him being in a cradle that means that it tips down the direction that he rolling so he was ending up with his face stuck against the sides of the cradle. We had a dilemma.......we have been using the crib mattress in the toddler bed for Izzy. With it being Christmas and stuff I am noting going out and buying Izzy a bigger bed or wasting money on a crib mattress when Izzy will be in a twin soon. So genius me, moved Elaine to spare room and put Izzy in Elaine's bed, and now we have the mattress for the crib in our room. I think that Drew was a bit disappointed. We had been telling him that when Evan started sleeping in the crib it would go in his room. Evan is still waking up every now and then at night to nurse and I am not going to get him in the other room and take him back. I am sure that it wont be long though. In the last 5 nights Evan has slept over 9 hours 3 of those nights...yes with out waking up!!! WHEW-HEW!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am trying to remember that long ago, Nina is 9 now... I miss those little things, like them learning how to roll over. Now I find delight when my "baby" uses a huge word. (Her latest was patronizing.)I love the new picture up there at the top, it is just beautiful...

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

congrats on the good sleeper! I could only handle having the baby sleep with me for the first 2 weeks while they figure out nursing and then I have to move them or both of us don't get sleep. i wake up to every little grunt they make.

The girls must feel special getting to switch rooms and stuff.

Seger just literally jumped out of his crib the other day. So we'll be moving him to a twin in the new year! and into Evan's room. Should be a fun adjustment : {