Sunday, December 21, 2008

Evan the pooper.....

Or should I say....Evan the messer.....blower outer...(doesn't make much sense).....I need some help all mothers out there. We have multiple blow-outs....ALL THE TIME!! I don't know what to do and I am a vetern mother. Most of the poop diapers are blow outs. I am grossed out by this. We have had 2 just today. A word of advice for all the moms to be reading this....when this happens to you (it will) peel the clothes off down there legs, not up. The onsies have folded over shoulders just for this purpose I am sure. If you take it up you will soon learn that your cute little baby ends up with poop all up the back and into the hair.....go down with the clothes. I get so grossed out by this that I toss the onsies if they are bad.....a little poo I can handle but not when it comes to a full back. I am running out of onsies. I love Huggies diapers....the supreme kind. I like to buy diapers in bulk but Sam's Club doesn't care the Supremes ones so I get them at the regular store. I will use no other....well at least that has been my train of thought.....until last week...sitting in the mothers lounge at church one of the other mothers said that she switches between Pampers and Huggies....that she finds that Pampers has a little better absorbency when it comes to the really liquidy stuff when they are bitty babies....at least until they start having solids. So we were getting low on Diapers (Huggies) so I picked up a pack of Pampers. Did you know that there are 3 kinds of Pampers? I grabbed the swaddlers...sounded good. I pulled the first one of the package and went.....eeewwww. So thin....but it has this mess like lining it so I thought it might be a really good idea. Not too long after that he filled and blew! I mean up the back and everything. This diaper doesn't even have a elastic top across the back...no wonder he had blow out. I miss the Huggies.....even though I don't want a bag of diapers going to waste...I am very attempted to pass them on and go back to the Huggies until I get some help.....so I need some advice...do you guys like a particular brand of diapers and why? Or just any kind of advice....I am tired of the blow outs. I don't want to go and try a bunch of different brands until they are recommend. Thanks a bunch!
Evan got a hair cut today. Or shall I say I trimmed all of the stray pieces off...he was starting to have the comb over thing going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used Pampers with Nina. She was a blow out kid, and Huggies didn't work for her. However, I had to search and find the ones that aren't all cloth. You have to be sure to change them immediately as the plastic will cause rashes if it sits for like two minutes, but it totally saves on the cleaning... If I couldn't find those I used Gerber Vinyl Pants...

I had some links for you, but the blog won't take them all, so here is a link to one that has the vinyl pants, the pampers (if you are interested) can be found on ebay.

http://www.clothdiaper.com/

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh to find the pampers, you have to look up "vintage pampers"

Pam Brumble said...

I always loved Huggies when they were tiny. Maybe try duck tape around the top - just kidding! But it sounds tempting doesn't it? I dreaded the blow outs and have thrown away lots of onsies.