Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fun week of baking

39 mini and 2 regular loafs of Cranberry Orange bread.

25 lbs of fudge....yes 25 lbs.


Dozens of Cranberry Hooty Creek Cookies



For a total of 31 goody bags for Kris to take to work for the people that work in his department. It took me 3 solid days in the kitchen....we only had one oops...Izzy got a little close to the mixer and her hair was pulled in. I am so glad that it was on low and only pulled out a bit of hair...she didn't even notice but she sure was upset about having batter in her hair. Got a new batch made and then got her in the tub. DO NOT let your kids get too close to the mixer...I only turned around to put something in the sink and it happened so fast. If the mixer had been on the 10 setting I am sure we would have not had such a lucky outcome. I guess I did have one other mishap....I can really not think sometimes. One of the guys Kris works with is allergic to nuts. So I made sure that I had a goody bag with bread and fudge that had no nuts. I didn't even think about the almond extract or the peanut butter chips in the fudge. Poor guy....I am glad that he noticed how he was feeling before he ate too much of it.



Today I made 60 cupcakes for Drew to take to Primary for his Birthday. For some reason I thought that all the baking during the week would wear me out....I was still ready to bake more...surprising it was the cupcakes that did me in. I also did some more Christmas shopping and then cooked my side dish for the ward Christmas party tonight. Come to find out that Elaine's dress shoes that I purchased are too big and she is going to have to live with them for one day.....I am just can't go out again. Not doing it.



My cousin came over on Friday night and took some pics of the kids....can't post them....but they are so cute. I will sometime late...if I remember.



Now I am ready to finish up stuff for Drew's BD (this Tuesday) and then maybe I can think about Christmas...it is so unlike me but I haven't wrapped a single thing...and I love to wrap. I also fee slightly cheated out of Christmas. Does this make any sense? We didn't get our tree up until earlier this week and I am used to having it up on the evening of Thanksgiving. It starts the Christmas season off, without the tree up I don't even feel like I can wrap presents. I love Christmas and it isn't just about the day it is everything to do with the season. I just love it, and it just seems so short this year. I love having all the presents wrapped and under the tree for the whole month. Ah...maybe next year.

Tell me...do things ever slow down? I am not even doing a party this year for Drew. Maybe I can talk him into going bowling with a friend....or to a movie or something. I know that might be a normal thing for some families but I don't think he has ever done either one.....well no we did take him to see Nemo when it came out....no, that was Elaine and she cried the hole time for her brother. So much for having just Elaine time. I am sure that we have taken to him a movie before. Then again maybe not.

So enough of me think out loud....


3 comments:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

I'm totally impressed! I would definitely have not had the energy for the cupcakes.:)

Pam Brumble said...

Wow!!! I haven't even started baking yet and I don't have a newborn around. That may answer your question that life definately does not slow down - it gets busier as the kids get older! I have found that out. We may go bowling this weekend ourselves to celebrate Rylan's and Steve's birthday.

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Wow Ranisa, this is quite impressive! You totally rocked the baking project!