Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

It started on the 3rd of July when we went up to Newville and had dinner at the camp ground with....Uncle Brian, Aunt Dawn, her daughter-in-law Karrie with her 2 kids Steven and Ava. We also went and got Grandma. Dinner was great. The kids loved the campground it was perfect weather and we enjoyed the company. I of course forgot the camera!!! I just new that when I started blogging I would have a hard time remembering it! So please email pics Aunt Dawn! Anyone know the best way to get campfire smell out of your hair? I love the smell of a campfire just not in my hair. I have washed it twice and when I use the straightener on it, it still smells of campfire.





The next day we woke up and left for Chicago! I was really looking forward to it, we started off with lunch at Giordano's Pizza for lunch. Where we met up with Grandma Judy, Grandpa Phil and one of Kris' sister, Karen and her family. Recently I have been wanting to try authentic Chicago stuffed pizza. I must say I did enjoy it. It was nice to see family too. We don't get to spend much time with them.




Then off to Chicago. We checked into the hotel early where Kris tried to catch a quick nap-but I was so excited who wants to sit in a hotel in Chicago when you have the city to go and see. So we started off and just went to a few stores on the way to Navy Pier. We check out the things on the Pier and had dinner. It was nice, Izzy even feel asleep in the stroller and completely missed dinner and some of the stuff along the Pier. We made sure that we picked out spot on the grass to watch the fireworks nice and early. We even brought snacks, and a bunch of games type things for the kids to play while we were waiting. Since we just didn't see the need to bring the chairs along as we were shopping before hand I took a cab back to the hotel to get the chairs and take a potty break. OH MY COW!!! I don't know what I expected from a Chicago cab driver, but it wasn't the cab driver that himself but the way that they drive-like crazy and I am one who gets very car sick! Is this all cab drivers or just Chicago ones? Mad Cabbies! I about bulleted from the Cab when it got back to the hotel. I was so excited to be able to change my shoes-walking around Chicago is not the place to break in a pair of Rainbow Sandals. Tiff said they were comfy but I am still trying to buy into that one. To make the long story a little shorter-no cab driver wanted to drive back to Pier because it was so crowded- by the time I got to the Pier I had to pee AGAIN!!! and bathrooms are scarce on the Pier with an 1 hour wait!!! By the time the 10 minute (yes 10 minute!) firework show ended I was ready for a mad cab ride back to the hotel but I decided to walk.....not fun. I think I have the hips of an 80 year old right now. I was so so so so happy to have comfy hotel beds. I slept well even though I don't think anyone else did. Anything that we had hopes of doing the next day got quickly thrown out the window-I can't believe how my body is when I am pregnant, there was just no way that I was walking anywhere. We stopped at Garrett's and got popcorn then had lunch on the way home... Needless to say I had wanted to going to Chicago kindof a yearly 4th of July thing, and who know I might change my mind but it really was insane and at this time I really don't want to go back .... a couple hundred bucks for a 10 minute fireworks show....not again.


...and since you are all dying to know....

I don't feel any different now that I am officially 30! I really thought that I should have been struck with some sense of wisdom or I would feel like was an actual adult maybe gained a bit of maturity or something. Overall turning 30 was a big disappointment....can you believe that Kris even forgot to get his own card....on his defence he has been a bit sick....but still.... On Thursday night he got a sudden, sevre headache. Really really weird for him. It has been coming and going all weekend.... nothing normal about it. If it doesn't go away soon I really want him to get to the Doctors.

3 comments:

Baby Jane said...

hahah! you crack me up.

well...that really does sound like quite the dream. :) i'm trying really hard to be vague here...haha. i guess we can both hold out hope, eh? hahah.

regardless it'd be good to hang out again?

Baby Jane said...

p.s. happy late birthday!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

happy birthday!
I have no advice on the campfire smell. But I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.:)
I heard your house sold! That is SUCH good news!:)