Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Work Family Fun Fair

This past Saturday we went to the General Mills Fun Fair, it was a work fun family thing for Kris. The company rents the Boone County Fair Grounds and set up fun things for the kids to do and it was an all around fun day. When we arrived it was raining-if you know anything about me....I hate the rain. Yes we really did stay in the car for the for 20 minutes or so. It rained just a little bit after that. Each of the kids got to pick out a "Build A Bear", and have it made. We had a yummy lunch and I actually remembered to take the camera this day! Surprise surprise! I think the best part of the day is that Kris was talked into signing up for a 1/2hour in the dunk tank! I was great. I guess the only down fall other than the rain was the fact that it was really really windy. They ended up shutting down some of the kids activities because of it. The big super slide was the first one down. The kids also went on a pony ride, well Elaine and Drew went on pony ride. They all waiting in line and when it was time to get on Izzy didn't want to go. After seeing Elaine and Drew go around a few times Izzy decided that it didn't look so bad and she wanted to go, but of course once she got up to the horse for the second time she chickened out again. I am sure that she will be getting over her fear of animals much faster than what Drew did. I am absolutely shocked to see that was even the slightest bit interested in going on a pony ride.

The above pic is of the kids waiting in line for the pony ride.


Elaine enjoying Cotton Candy.


Izzy trying Cotton Candy for the first time. She was completely uninterested in it, and I just couldn't image a kid of mine not liking cotton candy. The only way that I could convince her to even try it was if I took a very tiny piece of it and rolled it in my hands until it was firm and there wasn't anything fluffy about it-then she tried it. She even managed to get the point where she was willing to pull some fluff off herself, but she wouldn't eat it unless it rolled up tight again.


Drew and his Fluff.

Elaine got to be the first one to throw a ball and try to dunk Kris. She did it on the first try! We are a bit surprised! Way to go Elaine!!!


Elaine and Izzy headed down the little dinosaur slide. This slide got shut down shortly after they rode it-due to the wind.


Drew and the slide.

Thanks to all who sent messages and phone calls to see how Kris' mom is doing. I did say that I would add an update. We went down Monday of last week to visit, and she really is doing great. She is off work until she goes back to see the doctor on the 10th, and then he will determine if she needs farther down time. I am sure that she is more than ready to get back to work instead of staying home with Phil while he is working on the house. They are meeting us in Chicago with Kris' sister Karen and her family for lunch on the 4th. I am looking forward to having two days in Chicago. I am not sure how it is going to be with all three kids and all that walking to do. We did manage to get a hotel close to the lake and Navy Pier just so that I wouldn't have to do a bunch of walking. I can handle just a bit at this point. Yes, I really am a very lazy pregnant lady.



3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Ranisa! Hey! I do remember you, i am glad you found my blog! Your kids are adorable! I'll have to check you blog out to see all you are up to. :)
Jackie (Ostler) Brown

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

that is such a cool thing that they do that! I am a cotton candy addict...but I don't like to be sticky. such a paradox.

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Hope you had a good time in Chicago. We were right there with you. We went to the taste and fireworks on the 3rd (we'll NEVER go again) and stayed downtown that night and then spent the fourth in Evanston with family. Right now, we're staying in Chicago with family and then we're off to camp for a couple days.