Saturday, July 19, 2008

Anyone want a spider infested Monte?

Kris hates spider.....I mean he is deathly afraid of spiders. I have a story about spiders from our Yucaipa house-if you haven't heard that one, let me know and I will share it too. This evening Kris went out to Taco Bell to get dinner for tonight. When he came home I was in the bathroom-he opens the door and turns around and asks "Do have anything crawling on my back?" I look, and say "Ah....no, why?" I think that he is blowing this way out of proportion. He tells me that there are spiders in his car and that he saw about 12 of them. Now that is a lot of spiders to be in a car. Knowing how how much these little things terrorize him I ask him if he would like me to drive his car to the car wash and have them clean it out really good, and make sure that they get all the spiders out. Of course that sounds like a great plan to him. So I get in the car....(does everyone know that I hate his car? It is a two-door Monte Carlo-very low, hard to get in and out of normally and when I am pregnant I basically refuse to go anywhere near it, yeah it is kind of a sore subject). The passenger side window has webs all over it. There are even webs coming down from the ceiling. The spiders hanging on all of the webs are so tiny that I think they are kind of cute. I mean tiny tiny tiny spiders. Maybe not even a few hours old. TINY spiders-itty bitty spiders, if they didn't shine in the sunlight I doubt you'd even be able to see them. I decide then that it might be a good idea to call the car wash and see if they are open, half way there I get the machine and they closed about an hour ago. BUT there is a self-car wash just down the street from the one that I was headed to. I think "Not a problem I can vacuum out some spiders". I check to see if I have change-just enough for the vacuum -$.50, 2 quarters. I pull up to the only vacuum that would be on the right side of the car hop out (I really didn't hop, more like hoist myself out) of the car. Plop the 2 quarters in and nothing happens. After pushing "return coin" button a few times I realize that the machine has eaten my money. No problem-there is a gas station right next door-grab my purse head over, take $20 from the ATM, buy a banana so that I can get change and explain why I need quarters. The cashier laughed. Start heading back to the car and realize that I can't find the keys. I look everywhere, I think that it took me at least 5 minutes just find the keys. I could look in my purse and hold the banana at the same time so I unwrap the banana, throw the peel away and stick the rest in my mouth and start digging with two hand. My purse really isn't that big-just big enough to hid Kris' keys real well. Find the keys get the door open again and a breeze blows by and the little spiders go breezing by-all over the place. At this point as long as they aren't in the car-no big deal there gone. Put another quarter in the machine and it starts up-I guess the vacuums are now $.75 and not $.50. I start vacuuming and counting (I think I got to 40 and stopped counting). I get most of the passenger side done and realize that I am going to have to crawl in the back seat. Many of you have been very nice and have told me that I am not big-thank you for your lies they really do make me feel better-but I still have trouble crawling into the back of the car. Also the car is BLACK-so it is getting hot and I have been bent over vacuuming the front of the car out. So I get in the back and vacuum away-laughing about this. I swear eveytime I though I got them all-a bunch more would come out. I never did figure out were they were coming from. I could just hear them "SEND OUT THE NEXT GROUP OF TROOPS!" There were so many-how many eggs can spiders lay at a time? I don't know the exact number but it is A LOT!!! It keeps getting hotter and hotter in the back-and the vacuum stops...climb back out, put 3 more quarters in and climb back in. I am just sure that I have gotten them all by this time. So I hang up the vacuum and head home-laughing the hole way. When I am about half way home, the next batch of troops was deployed and I just had laugh even harder. I explain all of this to Kris when I get home (he still has the shivers at this point) and he says that he is not driving his car again until I can promise him that the spiders are all gone-looks like we are trading in the Monte! No really he want me to go to Walmart and buy spider bombs. The sad thing is that I think he will be just afraid of the dead ones! Tomarrow he planned on coming home after the first hour of church to get some sleep before work-he doesn't know how he is going to get home now-he actually thinks that I am going to take him....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh take the poor man home! I don't know if I am going to be able to get in my spider free car for a few days after that story... I have the creepy crawlies so bad!

Cute sppiidddeeerrrs? Huh, what?

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Okay, did you find out what KIND of spiders these were? I am scared of spiders but don't really flip out until there pretty darn big, although, the quantity you describe is freakishly weird AND where are they coming from?!!!! It can't be too bad right? You're in Illinois and maybe there aren't too many threatening kinds of spiders there. But wow, I don't think I could be nearly as brave as you. You go girl.

Tiffany J said...

Hee, hee!! That is really funny! Kris, you are a big wimp!!