Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dissapointed in the Idol results? Huh, what?


I know that it is silly of me, but I loved DAVID COOK and I am excited that he was the winner. Last Tuesday night I went to a Tastefully Simple party and it was a joke that we all had to eat in hurry so that we could catch American Idol. This was a group of Mormon women, all us but the demonstrator. We were all hoping that Cook would win, except for the demonstrator. Isn't that weird that everyone Mormon there was going for Cook? I keep hearing that people are disappointed in the results....huh? I don't get it. I will admit that David Archuleta was a great singer, but he was not a great performer. He will sell records but not nearly as many as David Cook. I would love to see Archuleta produce Church music. I think that he would be very suited for it. Maybe it was just that Cook sang more of what I like in music. So now that I went off my American Idol rant give me your opinion on who you wanted to win and why.

3 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Eric said the same thing. Cook just has more marketability. He's an all-around better performer. AND, if you don't mind my saying, he's just utterly adorable. Seriously, I would have to look away sometimes while he was singing because when he looked at the camera I felt like he was flirting with me. He made me feel incredibly shy. Silly, I know. Oh, and I really felt David A. was the better singer during the finals on Tuesday but wanted Mr. Cook to win.

Ranisa said...

It is the half-smile.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

I'm with you I am glad cook won. i think that he had the whole meal deal. very talented. Archuletta is young and he still has a lot of growing and career ahead of him, he'll be fine. second place on that show is nothing to shrug at.