Sunday, May 18, 2008

I miss Sundays and Garlic Chicken

I miss Sundays. Just that. (I am in a bad mood so forgive me if the sounds like I am complaining...I am). I used to love Sundays, they were my favorite day of the week. As family we would get up and get ready for church, come home and have some type of quick lunch and then some would take naps it would kind of be lazy afternoon. It didn't always happen but I would try to read the next week lessons for church, and we would always have a big meal. I loved having people come over in the afternoon to enjoy the slow pace of the day and each others company. It was the perfect day to have the missionaries over. Just a slow, reverent, relaxing day. A great way to start the rest of the week off. The week days are always so hurried. I really miss my Sundays. You see Kris works Sunday night....it is awful. We come home from church and he goes to bed. Without someone to share the family time and relaxations of a Sunday they are just no fun anymore. The kids run wild (why don't they relax?). There is no Daddy or Mommy time while the other one is cooking. I just feel disconnected without a good Sunday. Yes we do get them every now and then when Kris takes a Sunday night off but still it is not the same as having them on a regular basis and knowing that you will have that time with everyone.

Since I love food so much and Missy asked me to post a few recipes here is one of my favorite Sunday Dinner dishes. Be warned it has the nickname Evil Chicken-it is really bad for you.....not for those on a diet.

Garlic Chicken
4-6 skinless boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup butter
2 cloves garlic-minced
1/2 cup Italian Bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese (yes you can use the grated stuff but it really is so much better with fresh shredded cheese)
1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon of pepper

Melt butter and garlic in sauce pan. Combine the rest of the ingredients in large bowl. Dip chicken in butter mixtuer then in crumb mixture. Place chicken in baking dish. Drizzle all remaining butter mixture over top and then remaining crumb mixture over chicken. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It come out cruchy on the outside and the chicken and moist. If you happen to try it, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

sounds yummy! I will have to make it maybe next sunday. I love crusty chicken.
sorry sundays are hard for you right now! I know what you mean--if there's even too much stuff to do (meetings or whatever), I feel like I missed out. and if I don't get my nap, don't mess with me.:)

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

forgot to give you this: http://homecooking.about.com/od/fruitrecipes/r/blfruit6.htm
that's the recipe! oh, I didn't use all the preserves...it seemed overwhelming. I probably used 60-70%.:)