Sunday, May 4, 2008

Random Random Random things

What is in a name?
Being pregnant I like to talk about names. It consumes me at times. With all three of the other kids I kept a name list inside of my pregnancy book that I would read. Every now and then I would read through it and cross some names off and then even add some names at other times. I am obsessed with baby names. Boy names are much harder for Kris and I to come up with. We had Elaine and the Drew which is really Andrew and after that we just decided that we might as well stick with names began with vowels. So we have A, E, and I the next one would be an O. It seems that an O name would really be much easier to come up with than a U name, don't you think? BUT O names are still really hard to come up with. I like Oliver, Kris hates it. I also like Olivia and it is a no-go for Kris too. One night he did come up with Olin. At first I liked it, but the more that I think of it the less that I like it. For some reason we seem to be concentrating on boy names (that is when Kris is gives into my name issues and is willing to talk about them). So I am once again on my name kick (only this time I don't have a list). I want to talk about names this time. I bring this up all time with Kris asking question or commenting about names that I like or don't like. He doesn't want to talk about it.....of course as you can guess for someone who is obsessed with names right now, it is driving me nuts. I have an ultrasound on June 5th. So Kris believes that we can start discussing names on the evening on June 5th, but that we will not seriously start the BIG debate until sometime in August. HUH? This is weird to me, knowing that we will only have a short time to decide these things makes my stomach turn. Another odd thought that I had....there really are so many other names that I think more than anything that starts with an O, but one night I had dream that we had a boy and didn't name him something that started with a vowel and he felt left out. Not only did he not have a vowel name, but he didn't come in the same pattern that other ones....they are all about 2 years apart. This one will be about 3 1/2 years behind Izzy. I know maybe it was one of those crazy pregy dreams. So if anyone has any name suggestions I would really love to hear them...... I am even thinking that we might not have to go with an O name. I really like Evan and it was one of my Grandfathers middle names.

Drew



Drew started baseball this week, and he is loving it...

This is Drew right before we headed to his first baseball practice.

Notice the pink glove-we couldn't find his so he had to use Elaine's....good thing they don't care at this age.




Drew loves any kind of sports. Basketball ended in March, and he loved that too. The funny thing about him and sports is that he get so excited about being able to participate in it that he ends up tripping himself up, it was great watching him try to learn to run and dribble at the same time.

Onto another Drew thing. He is in a special-ed type preschool, another thing that he seems to love. He started in April of 07. He gets to move onto to Kindergarten this coming fall. Part of the school program is that every Tuesday in April the kids from the preschool class that were moving onto Kindergarten got to go to visit and participate in the Kindergarten for the afternoon. He loved is first Tuesday, and when I went pick him up on the second day that he attended the teacher stopped to talk to me. Telling me that they did kindergarten math that day. When the preschoolers are in class they carry on just like the kindergarten class does every other day....the teacher explained how to do the math worksheet and Drew did it, no questions asked or anything. AND he was the first one done. The next time he went into Kindergarten the same thing happened, he loves math and has really taken to it. I guess he takes after Kris in this area. I am really excited for him...a wiz kid in math! It is such a big deal to me because at this time last year we were sitting around a table discussing his IEP (Individual Education Plan) with teachers, therapist, psychologist and other school staff and I asked if he would start kindergarten on time and they all looked at each other and then the psychologist look at me and said "You need to understand that is a significant delay". Leaving me to believe that he might never even be able to learn at the same level as other kids his age....WAY TO GO DREW!!!!






Izzy







One day when my cousin Michelle was staying with us and all of the other kids were in school Izzy wanted to dance and model. She was a crack up, twirling about and posing for Michelle to take pictures. I know that a few of you have seen these pics on Michelle's Myspace but I loved them and wanted to add them to the blog.



This picture just bring backs these little pains-she really is a girl and not a Tank. On one of the warm Sunday afternoons that we have had we let the kids out in the front yard to play. Izzy is our Tank, with this in might I really thought that there would be many skinned knees in her life, and that she would take it well. NOT SO. This is her first set of ever so slightly skinned knees. We ended up having to put wet paper towels on them-it was the only thing that she would have. She even walked around hunched over in order to hold them to her knees. At the end of day we came inside and we were all sitting in the living room and she fell asleep looking so sad......not the Tank that we thought she was.

Elaine




Elaines loves her cat Seven-Eight-Nine-Scardy Cat. He is a weird cat, but lovable. He will only sit on her lap or cuddle with her. If someone has a blanket he will lay onto of the blanket but only with her will he cuddle. I just realized that with Elaine being the only one that is in school all day long that I don't have as many pictures of her as I would like....I will have to get on that. The next picture was taken on Easter Sunday before church-she is trying to grow out her bangs. I still love the fact that she hasn't grown out of her elfish looks.

Final Random Thought I LOVE MY PAMPERED CHEF PANS!!!



I know that this is a really gross picture....but it does have a great point! Kris made Spaghetti-this was the sauce. Gross, I know but this is what it looked like after it sat on the stove all night with the stove still on...yes still on. On simmer, and the stove still being on is another story. The sauce was really good before this happened, which is why there is only this much left of it. So to my point......when I lifted the spatula out of the pan most everything came out.....the pan almost looked clean. Not much scrubbing to do or anything......it was worthy every fat penny that I paid for it!!!

4 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

I'm LOVING the new photos! The kids are just beautiful.

I have an O name but it's for my next one AND I HIGHLY doubt you'd care for it anyway. We've decided boy or girl, we'll likely go with O'brien. Maybe you already knew that. But yeah, I have the EXACT same problem with Eric. He just doesn't obsess over names at all and I want to talk about them all the time, especially when expecting. The good news is that he, like I, like different, less mainstream names. It's just that we're on opposite sides of the spectrum of weird.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

your babies are so big now! is elaine in first or second?

I LOVE talking about baby names! lance is so over it. some of MY favorite vowel names: boy-asher, oliver, alex. and girl: ava/eva, ella (guess you have some variation of that), anna. good luck on your quest!

are you guys finding out? I guess after having both you can just pull out your stuff!

Baby Jane said...

holy crap! your kids are sooo beautiful! i didnt even recognize drew...and elaine looks sooo old! thats crazy...i feel so out of the loop. haha izzy's hair is way dark. i like it, she's the odd one out. which is cute.

and missy didnt cut my hair but she likes to take credit for the back. haha i cut it myself, i was so sick of it and wanted a change, and andy was sleeping and wouldnt go with me to get it cut so i did it myself. missy diid layer the back though. and did quite an excellent job. we're both way proud of it. haha

i miss you too! we'll have to see each other soon, when's the temple trip thing supposed to be?

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

oh my they have all grown up soooo much!

I hear you on the name thing. i think of names before we are even pregnant. Drives Kent nuts! He won't talk until a sex is determined. boys name are hard for us too. So her are a couple off the top of my head, Owen, Ozz, Ollie. although I am partial to Evan!! We did have a whole E,V,A thing going with Evan and Vienna, but we totally broke it for Seger. i don't think he'll falt us.