Friday, May 9, 2008

Oh Happy Day, Happy Day

I just had my 16 week OB check up. For about the past two weeks I have been wanting and waiting to feel the baby move. With it being baby #4 I was starting to get kind of freaked out. I still haven't felt it. I was just waiting to hear the heartbeat just so I would know. My mind also keeps taking me back to the ultrasound that I had when I was 8 weeks along....I don't remember seeing legs. Kris assures me that there were nubs. I have these random thoughts that maybe I am not feeling the baby kick because it has no legs....I know that sound really weird, but I really do have a bunch of weird thought when I am preggy. The first thing the doc asked me today was "So have you been feeling the baby move?". He looked a little concerned when I told him "No" and he saw the look in the my eyes. Good News-strong heartbeat!!! Such a sense of relief. If the movement doesn't pick up he will begin to monitor things closer, with more ultrasounds and visits. I am trying to be okay with it, but I keep seeing $$$. Which of course is the grand sceme of things isn't the important thing.
People who know me keep teasing me....."Are you sure that there aren't two in there?". I am so big! The doc noticed it to, he did his measuring thing and sure enough I am measuring big-I don't know how big but really big was the phrase he used. I meant to ask how big, and to try and get a number but I was so wrapped up in the fact that I heard a strong heartbeat. My next visit is another ultrasound...and I can't wait to find out what it is! I promis to post it.

On a side note, we are have two groups of special visitors today. I am very excited to see both groups. I will have to fill you in on our visit on another blog....it is a surprise surprise type thing and I can't give it away yet.

Oh what a happy day!!


2 comments:

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Well i hope that baby has legs! I know I get freaked out when everyhting isn't happening as quick as "the book' says or whatever, but I am sure that ultrasound will cure your thoughts. i have really creepy dreams when i am pregnant of murder and rape and such. So a little healthy "mom concern" sounds pretty good! So this "huge belly" first I have a hard time imagining those words with your frame, however lets see a picture!!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

yay! that must be such a relief! I would worry too. how fun to find out next time! I'm sure big for you isn't that big.;)